Introductions and Acceptance
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the Sacred Story Institute (“SSI”), by using the website and portals of SSI, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions of Use Policy (“Terms”) without limitation or qualification. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using SSI’s website or portals. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy, you are not granted permission to use SSI’s website and portals.
All references in this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy to “we,” “us,” or “our” shall refer to SSI and its subsidiaries. All references in this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy to “you” or “your” shall refer to the users of SSI’s website and portals.
Exclusion of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
SSI’s website and portals are provided by SSI on an “as is” and “as available” basis. SSI makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of SSI’s website or portals or the information, content, materials, or services included thereon, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In particular, SSI does not warrant that SSI’s website or portals, its servers, or email sent from SSI are free of viruses or other harmful components. SSI will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of, or inability to use, SSI’s website or portals, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages; accordingly, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
General Use of the Website and Portals
- In order to access certain features of SSI’s website and portals, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process, including to obtain a SSI account to access certain sections of the website and portals, or as part of your continued use of such website or portals. You agree that any registration information you give to SSI will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You agree to use SSI’s website and portals only for purposes that are permitted by (a) this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy, and (b) any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries).
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) SSI’s website or portals by any means other than through the interface that is provided by SSI. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any part of SSI’s website or portals through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on such website or portals.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts SSI’s website or portals (or the servers and networks which are connected to such website or portals).
- You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, modify, sell, trade, or resell SSI’s website or portals, or any portion, feature, or content thereof, for any purpose; provided that you may download one copy of the materials on SSI’s website or portals on any single computer for your non-commercial use only and you may print one copy of the materials on SSI’s website or portals for your non-commercial use only; further provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices on any such downloaded or printed materials.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that SSI has no responsibility to you or to any third-party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which SSI may suffer) of any such breach.
- To use SSI’s portals, you must be an adult (eighteen years of age or older) or supervised by an adult. SSI accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- Your SSI account may only be used by one person – a single SSI account shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your SSI account and password, if any. SSI cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You agree that you will be solely responsible to SSI for all activities that occur under your SSI account.
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one SSI account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your SSI account or password, you agree to notify SSI immediately.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to SSI’s website or portals, or your SSI account with or without notice.
Comments, Communications, and Other Content
Certain features within SSI’s website or portals may allow you to post comments, send emails and other communications, and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information (together “Commenting”). You agree, understand and represent that all of your Commenting: (i) is accurate, (ii) is owned or otherwise controlled by you, (iii) is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third-parties, and (iv) does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of Commenting. SSI reserves the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any Commenting activity or content. If you do post Commenting content or submit Commenting material, you grant SSI a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Commenting content throughout the world in any media, including the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Commenting. SSI takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Commenting content posted by you or any third-party.
SSI’s website and portals may be linked to other websites not maintained by us. We do not control and are not responsible for the content of and policies governing use of those websites not maintained by us. The inclusion of any link to such websites does not imply approval of or endorsement by us of the websites or the content thereof. If you would like to link another website to SSI’s website, you may only do so if you obtain SSI’s prior written permission.
Any website user may become a donor (“Donor”) by pledging a donation to SSI through use of the donation tool on SSI’s website. You acknowledge and agree that you are under no obligation to become a Donor or to pledge a donation, and that you will be solely responsible for any decision to become a Donor. You understand that your contribution is being made to SSI and that SSI has exclusive legal control over all donations. In the event that you make a donation pledge, you will provide payment information at the time of pledge. You represent and agree that all payment information you provide to SSI will be true, accurate, current and complete and that you will update such payment information as necessary to maintain such information as true, accurate, current and complete. In the event that your payment cannot be processed due to inaccurate payment information, insufficient funds, or any other reason, you agree to immediately provide SSI with alternative payment information to fulfill your donation pledge. You acknowledge and agree that all donations are final and will not be returned, in whole or in part.
Ownership, Copyright and Trademark
All content included on SSI’s website and portals, such as trademarks, service marks, trade names, text, graphics, logos, icons, button icons, images, data compilations, domain names, and software, is the property of SSI or its content suppliers or used with permission. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of SSI and may be protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of SSI or their software suppliers and may be protected by United States and international copyright laws. Nothing on this site should be construed as granting any license or right to such content or software.
Copyright and Trademark Complaints
The Sacred Story Institute respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement on SSI’s website or portals, please notify us immediately by phone at (206) 302 7630, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at Sacred Story Institute, 1401 E Jefferson, Suite 405, Seattle, WA, 98122 USA.
SSI does not provide the technologies used to build the website or portals, and therefore, neither recommends nor endorses the same. Any information regarding identified technologies, including their capabilities, limitations, and applications, should be sought directly from their manufacturers. SSI hereby disclaims any rights to trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyrights, patents, domain names, or other intellectual property interests of third-parties.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold SSI and its affiliates, independent contractors, service providers, suppliers, licensors, and consultants, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”), harmless from and against any claims, damages, costs, actions, demands, liabilities, and settlements and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to your violation of these Terms, and content you post, store, or otherwise transmit on or through the website, or your use of or inability to use the website, including without limitation any actual or threatened suit, demand or claim made against the Indemnified Parties, arising out of or related to content, your conduct, or your violation of the rights of any third party.
By visiting SSI’s website or portals, you agree that the laws of the state of Washington, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and SSI regarding such Policy.
If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and/or enforceability of any remaining provisions. No waiver of any of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
Changes to the Terms
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update the terms and conditions of this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy without prior notice. Modifications shall become effective immediately upon being posted on our website and portals. Your continued use of the website and portals after modifications are posted constitutes an acknowledgement and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy and its modifications.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement and supersedes any and all other understandings and agreements between you and SSI with respect to the subject matter hereof and no representation, statement or promise not contained herein shall be binding on you or SSI. Although these Terms may be updated or modified by SSI from time to time as forth above, SSI will not be bound by any other amendments or modifications to these Terms unless expressly accepted in writing by SSI in a written amendment expressly referencing these Terms. These Terms may not be supplemented or modified by any course of dealing or trade usage.
January 27, 2012
How to Contact Us
Any questions about this Terms and Conditions of Use Policy should be addressed to email@example.com or by mail at: Sacred Story Institute, 1401 E Jefferson, Suite 405, Seattle, WA, 98122 USA.