1981-present Bellarmine Preparatory School Tacoma, WA
Religious Education Department faculty and Campus Ministry
Taught the following courses: Hebrew Scriptures, Christology, Church History and Doctrine, Contemporary Christian Morality, Christian Lifestyles, Prayer and Spirituality
- Member of Campus Ministry’s liturgy committee
- Coordinator of daily ‘Consciousness Examen’ of St Ignatius of Loyola project for Bellarmine
2003-present Archdiocese of Seattle Catechetical Certification Program Faculty and Consultant
- Taught the following courses at various CCP sites: The Gospels of Matthew and Mark, Luke/Acts of the Apostles Letters of St. Paul, Foundations of the Church, The Catholic Church in the USA, Trent to Vatican Council II
- 2007 Archdiocese of Seattle’s Deacon Formation faculty: Church in USA course
1996 Summer ITS/Seattle University
Coursework: The Catechism of the Catholic Church: Resource for Ministry
1981-1986 Seattle University Seattle, Washington
Masters of Pastoral Ministry degree
1976-1978 University of Wisconsin-Madison
Bachelor of Arts-Psychology degree
1974-1976 St. John’s University Collegeville, Minnesota
OTHER MINISTERIAL EXPERIENCE
Parish religious education, 1990—present
- Parish-based religious Ed for grades 2—6 and junior high ministry at St Leo, Tacoma
- Sacrament of Reconciliation preparation coordinator 1995—2008 St Leo, Tacoma
RCIA coordinator, 2012 Visitation Parish Tacoma
- The Church: Christ in the Modern World Teaching Activities Manual for the Living in Christ series, Winona, MN: St Mary’s Press. Fall 2011.
- Breakthrough! The Bible for Young Catholics:: Teacher’s Activities Manual. C.Navarro, Editor. Winona, MN: St.Mary’s Press. Spring 2006.
- The Catholic Youth Bible Teacher’s Manual. C. Navarro, Editor. Winona, MN: St. Mary’s Press. Summer 2000. Contributing editor.
- “The Other Nisqually Mission: Catholic Missionaries and the Hudson’s Bay Company in the Pacific Northwest.” Occurrences: the Journal of Northwest History During the Fur Trade, vol. XVII, no.3 (summer 1999). Research article.
- Pride in Our Past/Faith in Our Future: Catholic Northwest History Curriculum. Archives of the Archdiocese of Seattle and the Catholic School’s Department. Seattle: Archdiocese of Seattle, 1999. Contributing writer.